All the governors and staff at Woore Primary and Nursey School share an objective to help keep the children safe by contributing to:
- Providing a safe environment for them to learn
- Identifying children who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm and taking appropriate action, with the aim of making sure that they are kept safe both at home and in the education setting.
To achieve this objective, we:
- Aim to prevent unsuitable people from working with the children
- Promote safe practice and challenge any poor or unsafe practice
- Identify instances where there are grounds for concern about a child’s welfare and initiate or take appropriate action to keep them safe
- Contribute to effective partnership working between all those involved in providing services for our children
“Children want to be respected, their views to be heard, to have stable relationships with professionals built on trust and for consistent support provided for their individual needs. This should guide the behaviour of professionals. Anyone working with children should see and speak to the child; listen to what they say; take their views seriously; and work with them collaboratively when deciding how to support their needs”.
If parents wish to access further information about the safety of children please follow the links below for the NSPCC, CEOP and Thinkuknow.
All policies related to safeguarding and child protection are available on request from the headteacher.
The Child Protection Leads at Woore Primary and Nursery School are: Mrs M Ward (Headteacher), Mr Steven Davies (Class teacher) and Miss G Birch (Class teacher)
Our Safeguarding link governor is: Mr Daniel Gill
For more details, please read the following policies which are available under the policies tab of the website.
- Safegarding and Child Protection Policy
- Child Protection Policy Addendum-Jan 2021
- Preventing Extremism and Radicalisation policy
- E-Safety Policy
- Visitors Code of Conduct
Further information and documents on safeguarding can be found on the DFE website.
Examples of documents to be found:
Keeping Children Safe in Education September 2020
The Prevent Duty June 2015
Children Missing Education January 2015