The Change4Life Sports Club is now in its fourth year and is a club aimed at Yr 3/4 pupils. It is designed to increase physical activity levels in less active children by:
- Using multi-sport themes.
- Using the inspiration of the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Responding to what children want.
- Establishing a habit of regular participation.
- Developing a real sense of belonging.
- Changing behaviours relating to key health outcomes (including healthy eating, physical activity and emotional health).
This club has been very popular amongst more active pupils also and engages participation through fun, exciting activities which differ each week and follow a C4L programme. Up to date we have used the 'Combat', 'Adventure', 'Target' and 'Creative' resources, all of which have been very popular with the children.
The club Is taking a break for the autumn term and will return in the spring term 2020.