The Change4Life Sports Club is now in its fourth year and is a club aimed at Yr 3/4 pupils. It is designed to increase physical activity levels in less active children by:
- Using multi-sport themes.
- Using the inspiration of the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Responding to what children want.
- Establishing a habit of regular participation.
- Developing a real sense of belonging.
- Changing behaviours relating to key health outcomes (including healthy eating, physical activity and emotional health).
This club has been very popular amongst more active pupils also and engages participation through fun, exciting activities which differ each week and follow a C4L programme. Up to date we have used the 'Combat', 'Adventure', 'Target' and 'Creative' resources, all of which have been very popular with the children.
Change4life buddies from Yr5/6 support the club each week. They help to prepare and set up resources, lead groups and help to redesign games. They gain a sense of responsibility and enjoy participating in sessions.
The club continues until the end of the summer term 2018 and is run by Activsports. The club takes place on Thursday lunchtimes from 12.30-1.00pm.